4.26.2013

Quieted By Her Love {Five Minute Friday}




She runs with me through the woods, our hair flying, stopping for one another when we've lost our breath.

We never leave one another behind. We always walk beside.

She cups my face when life throws it's worst curve balls, she looks in my eyes, her eyes reflecting my storm in them, and grieving with me, she prays.

She doesn't give advice while my shoulders shudder and the tears pour.

She aches to hold me.

She can stand in my kitchen with me and giggle as we pour rum into fruity drinks.

She sends a card in the mail that says I was just thinking of you, and I'm not sure why you're silent, but I want you to know, my loyalty and my love has never wavered.

When I confess I have felt jealousy because I feel beneath, and I have railed against the bitter cup of chronic illness God's given, and I plead for her forgiveness, she just says, my dear, there is nothing to forgive.

You have my heart always. You have my heart.

She tells me before we get to Nebraska that even if I misbehave, she will still be my friend.

She stills all my quaking, calms all my fears with her grace.

The inner voice, the lion seeking to squelch and kill, it is quieted by her love.

It is quieted by her love.




**On Fridays I join Lisa-Jo and the Five-Minute Friday Community. Here are Lisa-Jo's words:

 "We write for five minutes flat. All on the same prompt that I post here at 1 minute past midnight EST every Friday.

And we connect on Twitter with the hashtag #FiveMinuteFriday

No extreme editing; no worrying about perfect grammar, font, or punctuation.

Unscripted. Unedited. Real."

The one-word prompt this week was FRIEND.

Five Minute Friday


Now it's time for the #concretewords highlight of the week! WOOT! {Kimberly Coyle hosted this week for me while I was out of town, and we had some technical stuff go haywire--I only ended up with one entry because the linky didn't work--thanks for hanging with us!}

IF YOU ARE READING THIS AND YOU WOULD STILL LIKE TO ADD YOUR LINK--LEAVE IT IN THE COMMENTS AND I'LL ADD IT HERE AND ALSO ANNOUNCE IT ON FACEBOOK AND TWITTER! 

Ruth Povey, for The Sink. Ruth writes beautiful and brave here--captivating and evocative.

12 comments:

  1. Ok, I have not been involved in the 5-minute posts b/c free, quick writing isn't my deal. But I'm glad I chose to click on this post, b/c it's beautiful and profound and tear-jerking, and to think you got there in 5 mins just completely blows me away. I can't wait to share this w/ some special people in my life.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a testimony to friends and friendship.Beautiful, but then that is what I always hear when I read your words. Oh to be this kind of friend. What a lovely standard of loving within friendship. You blow me away with your love. I am inspired to love the women in life deeper and better. Thank you for encouraging me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a tribute. Just love it. Also loved meeting you last weekend during that first dinner. You're a joy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love this. To be this kind of friend. Beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  5. hi, first visit. found you through Amy. I'll come again...I'll like it here:))

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is my first visit to your site. Your prose is beautifully written. I love the picture you chose to complement it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. your pic captures your words so well. love your very personalized description.

    you *see* better than most - on friendship, on life.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Amazingly beautiful, blessings to you.

    ReplyDelete
  9. As I look back on the seasons of my life, I think I can count on one hand the number of friends I've had like that. And they are my most valuable treasures! So beautifully written, Nacole! And I absolutely LOVE the picture! So precious!

    ReplyDelete
  10. fatty liver disease treatment and diet fatty liver disease treatment and
    diet fatty liver disease treatment and diet

    Also visit my web-site - fatty liver and cholesterol medication

    ReplyDelete

ShareThis?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...